[CLUE-Tech] CDROM audio problems

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Nov 1 09:38:58 MST 2000

Thus spoke Kevin Cullis
> and keeps a log of them.  It's great!!! Now if I could just get it to
> rip the CDs for me into MP3's I'd be in heaven. ;-)

XRipper will do that quite easily, but you may want to do it overnight or
while you're not on the machine.  It tends to bog down the CPU.  After
ripping, xmms can manage the playlists for you.  I find I need to manually
order them by looking at what XRipper shows and then dragging tracks around
in the playlist window of xmms.  For some reason xmms seems to sort the
list of files in an mp3 directory alphabetically.  Maybe XRipper can save
the playlist - I haven't checked.  Anyway, once you've ordered them
properly once you save the playlist in xmms and you never have to do it
again.

RPMs for XRipper and xmms should be on the KRUD CD, I think.

Just thought I'd pass that along.  :-)
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |   If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?