[CLUE-Tech] Help! I need a replacement...

Jeffery Cann jccann at home.com
Fri Nov 3 11:49:56 MST 2000

Greetings.

I am moving from systems development to applications development at
Standard & Poor's.  Thus, my current position (Senior Database Systems
Developer) is open.

The job posting/description follows.  If you are looking for work, drop
me a line.  Forward to friends.

Jeff

Standard & Poor's Instituitional Market Services, a division of the
McGraw-Hill Companies and a leading provider of global financial
information, believe world class talent is the power behind our
exceptional success. We are seeking to fill the following technical
position:

The Senior Database Systems Developer is responsible for computer based
systems that support business requirements. This responsibility includes

maintenance of existing software, software design and development along
with consulting and advising other members of the development team on
efficient and effective use of programming languages.

This position requires a college degree, preferably in Engineering,
Information Sciences, Computer Science, or equivalent experience, and
five to seven years experience developing systems, with at least three
years in-depth experience developing systems in the C, C++ and SQL
programming languages. Pro C is highly desirable. This position requires

a high level of expertise in structured programming techniques, program
design and debugging techniques, and also requires an in-depth knowledge

of compilers, linkers, libraries, utilities, source code editors and
debuggers. Experience with Unix and relational database management
systems (preferably Oracle). Experience in accounting principals and
financial analysis is desirable.

This position requires expert programming and analysis skills, an
ability
to solve complex programming problems, the ability to work at both a
very
detailed level and at a higher system level, good communication skills,
and a willingness to share knowledge and improve the software
development
process.

We offer flexible work schedule, exceptional benefits including medical,

dental, life, 401(k), pension, tuition refund, vacation, and holiday. We

offer career advancement and a great work environment.

Additional Information
Salary: $54,200.00 to $80,100.00 per year
Position Type: Full Time
Ref Code: LK-CO

jccann [at] home [dot] com