[CLUE-Tech] Apache-- Perl problems

Jeffery Cann jccann at home.com
Sun Nov 5 17:58:17 MST 2000

Chris South wrote:

> I have a feeling my httpd.conf has ExecCGI setup incorectly but I can't find
> where..

1.  Check the ScriptAlias section in your httpd.conf.  (example below)
2.  Copy perl script into directory pointed to by ScriptAlias.
3.  Make perl script executable:  $chmod 755 script.pl
4.  Make sure that the #!/usr/bin/perl pragma is your perl script. (may have
to change path to perl; do '$ whereis perl' for exact location of perl
interpreter.
5.  Make sure you restart your httpd if you edit the httpd.conf file using
this command:

(as root)
$ killall -HUP httpd

The HUP tells the 'httpd' program to 'HANGUP' (and restart).  killall is a
convenient way to refer to a process by name, rather than number.

Later
Jeff

----------- ScriptAlias from httpd.conf -------------------
    #
    # ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
    # ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
    # documents in the realname directory are treated as applications and
    # run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the
client.
    # The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias directives as to
    # Alias.
    #
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/lib/apache/cgi-bin/"

--
jccann [at] home [dot] com