[CLUE-Tech] Tiny Linux install

Ed Meyer edmeyer at smartsbroadcast.com
Fri Nov 17 13:19:26 MST 2000

I'm in the process of making a stripped down linux distribution and realized I should probably ask if I'm reinventing the wheel.

What we are making is a file server which has the kernel, samba, and that's it.  We've thrown around the idea of having apache running so we can administer the machine from a web page but at this point we're trying to make the boot routine small enough to fit on a ROM chip.  We've looked into the Linux Router Project and its a good start but we don't need to keep the distro that small.  We'll have about 40 MB on the ROM to work with.

If anyone has seen a distro which fits this description let me know.

Thanks!

Ed Meyer
Smarts Broadcast Systems