[CLUE-Tech] Re: [CLUE-Talk] Yet another reason Linux is so cool

Jeremiah Stanley miah at miah.org
Tue Nov 21 10:03:18 MST 2000

> Now for the question:
> I was copying over huge files and lots of them from a wintel box using
> Samba.  The buffers got HUGE.  This left no space for filesystemn
> cache.  The machine started to drag at that point.
>
> Is there any way to tune this?  Do I just need to throw more memory at
> it?  It has 128 now.

I don't know what buffers you are referring to but it sounds more like a
memory leak in smb. 128 MB of memory more than plenty (if you off such
services as httpd) for any Linux box. Granted I went to 256 and now I
won't go back! :)

Try finding a place to fill out a bug report to the smb crowd.

JStanley
--
Use GnuPG! -- http://www.gnupg.org
Get my key at http://www.miah.org/miah.asc