[CLUE-Tech] CDROM audio problems

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Tue Oct 31 22:07:21 MST 2000

Hi Kevin,

I don't know if this is a fix for this problem. Sometime ago,
when I rebuilt my desktop computer, I switched to a 50x
CD-Rom drive that was lying around. I had no problems
installing RedHat. However, once installed I could not
access the CD-Rom drive again; not for data not for
audio.

I disabled UDMA support for the CD-Rom in the BIOS.
This allowed me to access the CD-Rom for data but not
for audio. Anyway, I switched out the 50x for my trusty
old 36x and never had problems again.

You maybe experiencing the same problems. Did you
install a new CD-Rom drive with Suse 6.4? It could be
the source of problems.

Match.