[CLUE-Tech] help me, I am in FTP hell

Tim Russell tim.russell at ilg.com
Mon Apr 9 09:21:46 MDT 2001

Now, I may be wrong, but IMHO the only way I can see to do that is to have
permissions set up on the server side to allow that as a SITE EXEC command.
If that's set up, pretty much any client should be able to send the command
- "quote site exec rm -r filename" from a command-line type.

That being said, I'd be VERY careful about permissions - I'm only very
familiar with wu-ftpd, with it, I would put the one user allowed to do that
in his/her own group on the ftp server and allow it only to that group.

If you need more info I can research it and show you how to do it, it's been
awhile.  It's mainly been awhile because this type of thing is something
that's MUCH better and more securely done with SSH/SFTP, I would say.

Tim