[CLUE-Tech] LinkSys vs. spare PC

Nicholas Perez Nicholas_Perez at excite.com
Sat Apr 14 10:45:26 MDT 2001

IpSec is a cool feature but how many store bought ones can boast about
filtering based soully on the content of the tcp flags set. NMAP scans
sending custom packets (FIN, ACK, XMAS, NULL, UDP, IPraw, Windowing types of
scans) and if you are not prepared for that black hats could scan your whole
range of ports and report back what is possibly running with you even
possibly knowing (since most store bought routers do not do logging of
rejected/dropped packets). I still think IPTables is the best way to go if
you want "true" security
 just my $0.02