[CLUE-Tech] Advice sought: should I use SSH or not?

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 10:20:09 MDT 2001

The basic answer is, if it's available, use it.  For web connections,
any that transmit important passwords should be encrypted with SSL
(https)  However if it's just simple web surfing, it's not a big deal.

You can do a lot more than just telnet connections with ssh, you can
use it to set up a VPN, pierce firewalls, encrypt X windows traffic,
basically because ssh can do port forwarding, any simple TCP/IP traffic
can be encrypted.  There are several howto's about it on
www.linuxdoc.org, just search for ssh.

Brandon