[CLUE-Tech] many choices

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Sun Apr 22 17:40:23 MDT 2001

Thanks for the excellent feedback:

> Write it using Star Office and export it as HTML.

Maybe I've been burned too many times.  Starting with
WordStar.  And WordPerfect.  And Applix.  As much as I'd
like to see Sun's Star Office succeed, I'm not going to go
that way, even if the output it HTML in the end.

> How about SGML, using the Linuxdoc-SGML tools or
> something like that?

I think XML is a subset of SGML.   And I like the way I can
decide that a certain header or style has certain attributes.
Hey it's just like PageMaker in that respect.

> If all you want is to have a presentation that is a web page with
> links forward and backwards then straight HTML with CSS is more than
> enough.

This is a once-only presentation (actually it's an entire course in summary
form) so maybe HTML with CSS would be enough.  CSS means
cascading style sheets, and somehow I thought that was related to XML
but that's maybe only because the file extension for an XML definition
seems to be ".css".  But XML is not HTML, so I have more digging to do.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Roger Frank