[CLUE-Tech] kmail and pgp

Charlie Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Wed Aug 1 11:55:48 MDT 2001

On Wednesday 01 August 2001 08:41, Joshua M. McClain wrote:
> can you post some logs?  both kmail and pgp

I've gone looking for logs with useful info without success for either app.

Zimmerman's "Official PGP Users Guide" is silent on logs, and running ls
-lctR | grep pgp doesnt show any unaccountable files named *pgp* modified
today. The .pgp directory only has the key rings, backups, and my generated
random number.

Same with kmail.  If anyone knows where kmail logs error messages, I'd
appreciate knowing. I assumed they'd be in syslog and messages in /var/log,
but those had nothing to say on the problems.

However, it looks like I may have a problem with my public keyring which
causes kmail to choke when invoking pgp.  I have to see if it was corrupted
on the M$ side before I imported it, or the import screwed something up, or
I'm misreading something.  That means having to boot M$ once :-(

--
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi.  Unfortunately,
they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to do their programming."