[CLUE-Tech] Cisco 675 PPP vs. Bridging modes

David Anselmi anselmi at intradenver.net
Fri Aug 10 12:48:34 MDT 2001

Some code red specifics:

The URI code red sends hangs 67x routers, if code red can get to the http
port on the router.  You can protect yourself by disabling the web server
and/or changing the port it listens on (this is what the qwest and frii
directions instruct).

According to Cisco
(http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/CBOS-multiple.shtml) this and other
vulnerabilities are fixed in CBOS 2.3.9 and 2.4.1 (the latest available
from qwest).

It should also help to set a filter to prevent external connections to
the 67x.  Directions are here http://www.users.qwest.net/~rlutton/ADSL/
(this has lots of good info on these routers).

Dave