[CLUE-Tech] NVidia problems

Mark Cuny clue at stardyne.org
Sun Aug 19 18:28:36 MDT 2001

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Dan Harris wrote:

< ... snip ... >

> Yet, the 2.4.2 kernel that shipped with RH7.1 works flawlessly.

< ... snip ... >

> As a side note, I have been booting Linux with a floppy and it's getting a
> bit old.  I did it because of the 1024 cylinder contraint for LILO.  Just
> wondering if I might be able to add something to the Windows2000 boot.ini
> that could let me choose Linux from the w2k boot loader?

The README file in the /usr/share/doc/lilo-21.4.4 directory discusses
the 1024 limitation and how to bypass it.  It is covered under the
section labeled BIOS restrictions.

I'm not sure if MS changed how the boot loader works from NT 4.0 to
2K.  If it hasn't changed, the following HOWTO should help out (I've
used it before):
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+NT-Loader.html

- Mark Cuny