[CLUE-Tech] DocBook (was How to view MS Word docs in Linux)

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 12:45:02 MDT 2001

It's not the simpliest process around, but I'm starting to write all my
documents in DocBook xml (or SGML) format.  I can then create pdf,
MSword (with and additional loop to jump through) TeX, or html from
that.  It takes a bit to learn it, but writing the XML isn't the hard
part, it's learning how to set up the converstion tools (Jade or
OpenJade).  RedHat has an RPM for them I hear.  I'm working on making a
Slakpak.  FWIW, all of the Linux Documentation Project's documents are
written in DocBook, and they have a decent tutorial.  O'Reilly uses it
for many of thier books, and I know Sun uses it.

Brandon