[CLUE-Tech] Cisco DSL routers was Re:DSL Recommendations

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Dec 5 09:27:34 MST 2001

Dave Price wrote:

> Is the encoding the difference between a 675 and 678?

Qwest uses either CAP or DMT, which has to do with the DSL protocol used
between the 67x and the central office.  It is reported here that 675s only do
CAP.  My 678 is using CAP (I've had it for a while) but my brother's is using
DMT (it's only a few months old).

The last CBOS upgrade to come out had 2 versions for the 678.  You can double
check the specs with cisco to see if the 675 is CAP only, or if it's just that
Qwest is only providing CAP CBOS.