[CLUE-Tech] [OT] DSL - multiple IPs.

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Dec 5 09:39:02 MST 2001

So, I've found someone who may be interested in buying static IPs from
Qwest.  I read their directions and they say to turn off NAT and DHCP on
the modem.  The modem IP is still assigned by IPCP, but the inside IPs
are all manual.  That means you can only have 5 machines inside, and may
need a firewall to protect them (I don't think the 67x filters can block
new incoming traffic and still allow established traffic the way
netfilter can).

Anyone know how to use the static IPs and a natted private subnet at the
same time?  Seems that the Cisco routers can handle that but if anyone
has a working config it would be nice to know.