[CLUE-Tech] [OT] DSL - multiple IPs.

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Wed Dec 5 10:51:46 MST 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 09:39:02AM -0700, Dave Anselmi wrote:

> Anyone know how to use the static IPs and a natted private subnet at the
> same time?  Seems that the Cisco routers can handle that but if anyone
> has a working config it would be nice to know.

I do that here, but i do not use NAT on the cisco router, i have a linux
box behind it (using one of the statics) which does the NAT; other linux
boxes have static IP's on the same physical LAN.

BTW, the box that does the NAT only has one ethernet card and virtual
addresses assigned to it ( i call this 'flat NAT' ).  The main advantage
of doing it this way, is that i only need one hub/switch for everything;
the subnetting is logical, not physical. Hey, it works. :-)

HTH

aloha,
dave