[CLUE-Tech] AT&T Broadband

rrarabie at attbi.com rrarabie at attbi.com
Wed Dec 5 09:39:26 MST 2001

I'm only able to access my migrated email account via another internet connection.  I have not been able to bring my home network up on the new attbi network.

Could you give me some hints on your configuration?

I'm running a firewall box that has DHCP Client on my "external" nic.  It sends my @home assigned machine name when requesting and asks for DNS, Routes, etc... from the DHCP server.  However, my DHCP Requests always go unanswered.

My cable modem does indicate that an "upstream" signal is "tuned".  I determined this by cycling the power and interpreting the blinking light sequence.  I had the RCA Manual that came with the modem in hand to assist in the diagnosis.

Thanks,

Randy