[CLUE-Tech] X-Sever/KDE "tuning"

rrarabie at attbi.com rrarabie at attbi.com
Wed Dec 5 12:59:33 MST 2001

Hey,

Thanks for all the wonderful responses to my X/KDE questions.

I do intend to upgrade the kernal, and custom compile it, when my broadband connection comes back.

Based on the responses, I think I will also upgrade & recompile X and KDE (or the Window Manager I settle on.)

I suppose my first task will be to try some of the other window managers and decide which one best meets my needs.  Does anyone know of a source for 'consolidated' reviews of window managers.  I did a Google search for "window manager" + review and got tons of hits.  However, they were reviews for this window manager and that window manager.  I would like more of a comparision.

For those who asked, my video card is a PCI, more hand-me down hardware.  It is actually an upgrade from the video card I was using a few weeks ago.  Fans of "Sanford and Son" are always impressed with my computers.