[CLUE-Tech] AT&T Broadband

Jeffery Cann jc_cann at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 13:43:18 MST 2001

Joe,

I feel your pain.  I already went through section 3 of the DHCP mini-HOWTO,
referenced by Brandon and I am still not able to connect as of this morning.  I
am at work, so I cannot try some other ideas.

I think it is an AT&T problem at this point.  For example, my cable 'modem' no
longer flashed amber as of this morning, but the network traffic light was not
flashing green.  Previously, it flashed all of the time, which (I believe)
indicates network traffic.  Since it was not flashing this morning, I can only
believe that my part of the network was not running yet.

Another reason I think it is AT&T at this point is that I have tried several
times this morning to connect from Yahoo email client to my new email account
at mail server mail.attbi.com.  This does not work either.  Yahoo reports that
the connection to mail.attbi.com died unexpectedly.  This conflicts with other
observations / abilities to retrieve email.

I do have other friends whose accounts (including email) are working.  They are
all on various versions of Windoze.  I tried to connect my wife's NT machine
and that does not work, either.

When I get a working configuration, I will post it.  Also, if you're still on
Slackware, maybe check alt.os.linux.slackware.

Jeff

--- Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jbrockmeier at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I'm still having trouble getting online (with @HOME) and I don't
> know if it's me or them -- could someone POST A WORKING CONFIG FOR
> THE LOVE OF GOD.
>
> Sorry for "shouting" but several people have said "gee, it's working
> now" but completely ignored requests for their configs. I'd really
> like to get off the damn modem.
>
> Zonker

=====
Protect Digital Rights!