[CLUE-Tech] memory

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Thu Dec 6 12:04:49 MST 2001

Dave,

Is that really how it was?  I was under the impression that the new VM
fomr Andrea was there to *solve* the swapping problem of the earlir VM.
There was then controversy about this move by Linus -- some (Alan Cox
among them), didn't think it was right to rip out the VM
in the stable kernel branch.  I'm sure there have been bugs in the new
VM, but *it* was the solution the problem, not cause.

Or am I totally confused?

Tim