[CLUE-Tech] AT&T Broadband

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 6 12:38:11 MST 2001

rrarabie at attbi.com wrote:

>>Have you tried unplugging the modem & rebooting?
>>

> Are you joking?  Yes.  I did follow their instructions.

No, I was just curious -- at first I kept trying to just restart
networking -- it *shouldn't* be necessary to reboot to get networking
to work correctly under Linux. Obviously AT&T has some b0rken
setups...

> I figure if my Mac couldn't get online, it HAS to be their problem.  It would be really hard to misconfigure TCP/IP networking on a Mac.

Good point -- that's a good litmus test.

> When I finally got a person on the phone this morning they said they could not "see" my modem on the network.

Oh, that's not good. Good luck with it. I hope that it doesn't
take too much longer.

Zonker

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/