[CLUE-Tech] AT&T Broadband

rrarabie at attbi.com rrarabie at attbi.com
Thu Dec 6 12:50:57 MST 2001

> No, I was just curious -- at first I kept trying to just restart
> networking -- it *shouldn't* be necessary to reboot to get networking
> to work correctly under Linux. Obviously AT&T has some b0rken
> setups...

Yeah.  You shouldn't have to reboot a Linux box, or any *nix.  Every time I would try to get an IP my DHCPREQUESTS time out.  No responses.

I did the Mac thing mainly so when I was on the phone with them I could follow their on-screen troubleshooting steps.

It just doesn't work when they say "Go to START --> Settings --> Control Panel..." And then I respond, "OK, I'm vi 'ing /etc/dhcpclient.conf"

> Oh, that's not good. Good luck with it. I hope that it doesn't
> take too much longer.

Up to 48 hours :-(

Cheers!

Randy