[CLUE-Tech] Redhat Install w/ Advansys SCSI Adapter

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Mon Dec 10 13:02:32 MST 2001

Warren wrote:

> Dear Abby,
>
> I am trying to install RH7.2 on a box with an Advansys (well, actually,
> an Iomega PCI Jaz Jet) SCSI adapter.

Here's a link that tells you what driver you need:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Jaz-Drive-HOWTO-2.html#ss2.3

> The adapter isn't supported with the default boot image and none of the
> supplemental floppy images have the driver.
>
> This adapter is 3 days older than dirt and *should* be supported!
>
> I've found a RH6.0 boot disk with the right drivers, but not for RH7.2

Do you need the SCSI adapter to do the install?  If not, you can rebuild
the kernel (or a driver module) after you're done installing.  If you can't
even install, with the above info you can at least look at RH's site for an
install disk that will work.

Failing that, build your own boot disk.  If I knew anything about the RH
install process I'd tell you the easiest way to do that.  Sorry I can't
help more.