[CLUE-Tech] cdrecord

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Fri Dec 14 23:41:14 MST 2001

Is this and ATAPI cdrom on an IDE interface?  That is most common.  If
so, it can be a bit tricky to get the generic SCSI module to control the
device, rather than the regular IDE one.  I leave IDE-CDROM out of my
kernel to make it easy.  The other option is to pass the parameter
hdc=idc-scsi (replace c with the drive letter for you cdrom) to the
kernel at boot time.  You do not need any low-level SCSI drivers
(assuming it is IDE), just the generic.

I would guess that the regular IDE driver is controlling the cdrom,
rather than the generic scsi driver.

HTH,

Tim