[CLUE-Tech] Printing Tips-n-Tricks

Todd A. Gibson tgibson at augustcouncil.com
Sat Dec 15 22:39:53 MST 2001

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 01:03:20AM -0700, Matt Gushee wrote:
> Todd A. Gibson writes:
>  > I'm looking to see who's got some cool printing tips up their sleeve.
>
> The psutils package is the coolest printing tip I know. I don't know
> why RedBloat etc. don't install it by default -- maybe there's a
> licensing issue.
(snip)
> I highly recommend psutils.
>
> Matt Gushee

Thanks Matt.  Yes, the psutils package is just what the doctor ordered.
Now I can print booklets in 2 easy steps.  For example to put a man
page into booklet form:

man xdvi | col -b | tr ­ - | mpage -1 | psbook | psnup -pletter -2 | psselect -o | lpr
[refeed the printed paper]
man xdvi | col -b | tr ­ - | mpage -1 | psbook | psnup -pletter -2 | psselect -e -r | lpr

I had to add the tr because the manpages have some funky hyphen that
messes up the printing.

Anyway, all works well now.  Thanks again.

Gotta love those pipelines,
-TAG