[CLUE-Tech] cdrecord

jason at matchingmoms.com jason at matchingmoms.com
Fri Dec 14 22:27:55 MST 2001

Thanks to all of you who helped with my previous questions on installing
modules.  I think I've got all the modules I need now, but . . .

root at abigail ~/cdrw $ cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.9 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are
root.

I'm using this command because the CD-Writing HOWTO says to.

I noticed when I was compiling my kernel there was an option to specify a
low-level driver:
< > 3ware Hardware ATA-RAID support
< > 7000FASST SCSI support
< > ACARD SCSI support
< > Adaptec AHA152X/2825 support
. . .
< > DTC3180/3280 SCSI support
< > EATA ISA/EISA/PCI (DPT and generic EATA/DMA-compliant boards) support
< > EATA-DMA [Obsolete] (DPT, NEC, AT&T, SNI, AST, Olivetti, Alphatronix)
support
< > EATA-PIO (old DPT PM2001, PM2012A) support
< > Future Domain 16xx SCSI/AHA-2920A support
< > GDT SCSI Disk Array Controller support
<M> Generic NCR5380/53c400 SCSI support
[ ]   Enable NCR53c400 extensions
(Port) NCR5380/53c400 mapping method (use Port for T130B)
< > Initio 9100U(W) support
< > Initio INI-A100U2W support
< > IOMEGA parallel port (ppa - older drives)
<M> SYM53C8XX SCSI support
(4)   default tagged command queue depth
and so on . . .

I did not see my brand listed (Western Pacific).  Am I looking in the right
place?  Is that the cause of error message.