[CLUE-Tech] Netscape email filters/rules for SPAM

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Sun Dec 16 22:08:53 MST 2001

Another interesting side note is the 'Colorado Junk E-Mail Law'.  I need
to look for the link that details the law, but, as an overall, it's
written very much with the ultimate consumer in mind.  For instance, a
corporation is only allowed to send you unsolicited e-mail if you 1)
have current business dealings with them or have in the last 12 months
oe 2) have given permission for them to contact you via e-mail.  Another
interesting point is that your ISP can sue then spammer for sending
e-mail to you.  (They, effectively used their services.)  The Colorado
law allows you to collect attorney's and court fees, actual damages and
$10.  Didn't seem like much until I thought about how many spam messages
I get daily.  If I filed on each one, I'd make about $300 a day.

Sounds tempting.