[CLUE-Tech] Sys Admin security and user directory security

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Mon Dec 17 22:09:47 MST 2001

Tim,

That's what I figured.  I guess the only way of ensuring that "financial
data" (or any other data that needs to be hidden from prying eyes) has
restricted access is having a program secure it if it's proprietary,
i.e. using an Oracle DB or something. The issue is not about trusting
the sysadmin, but a need to know sort of thing.

Would Zope or other type of application/program provide something like
this? Or would root still have access?

Thanks for the help.

Kevin