[CLUE-Tech] output .pdf to printer?

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Wed Dec 19 16:45:37 MST 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 04:13:53PM -0600, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> Thus spoke Dave Price
> > Is there a simple CL utility available to output a acrobat pdf to a
> > printer (or printable .ps file?
>
> pdf2ps | lpr

hmmm,

i had to do: pdf2ps my_file.pdf new_file.ps; lpr new_file.ps

or else i get "lp: nothing to print"

The revised command does print the file. Unfortunately, the file is a
beautifully formatted landscape document, and the resulting output is
portrait, with lot's of white space at the bottom of the sheet, and ~25%
of the data missing of the right side of the page.

BTW, the pdf file prints correctly out of acrobat reader for linux or
windoze. but sometime I just get tired of pointing and clicking.

CLUES?

aloha,
dave