[CLUE-Tech] ssh2 public key authorization

charles at lunarmedia.net charles at lunarmedia.net
Thu Dec 20 09:58:13 MST 2001

I havent looked into using ssh-agent, however the server should
authenticate using just the public key passphrase, which I have set as
empty. The sshd man page shows that PubkeyAuthentication is default set to
'yes' so I dont think that any further configuration is needed there.

I am not sure if ssh-agent will suit my needs. I am really just using ssh
as the transport for rsync in my case. I'd like to automate a transfer of
files to take place after hours. Thus, the need to find a manner of
authentication other than passphrase.

The unusual thing is that when configured for ssh1, the public key
authentication works fine. Its only with ssh2 that the problem occurs.

-charles