[CLUE-Tech] problem compiling kernel 2.4.16

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Mon Dec 31 13:04:01 MST 2001

hi,

I am getting some strange errors compiling kernel version 2.4.16 on
debian/woody.

the compile seems to run fine, but when i get to the 'link stage, i get:

drivers/char/char.o(.data+0x46b4): undefined reference to `local symbols in discarded section .text.exit'
drivers/net/net.o(.data+0x194): undefined reference to `local symbols in discarded section .text.exit'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

I can still rebuild kernel .2.2.19 on the same box fine, any suggestions
as to where to look?

aloha,
dave