[CLUE-Tech] problem compiling kernel 2.4.16

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Dec 31 15:17:29 MST 2001

I am not 100% certain, but I strongly suspect you have found a kernel
bug.  It is a known problem, the newer versions of binutils no longer
allow the buggy behaviour.  I think you can downgrade binutils ( not
sure to which version), or (probably better) try upgrading to kernel
2.4.17. I think the problem is fixed there.  Check the Linux Kernel
mailing lists for more specifics.

Tim