[CLUE-Tech] Star Office from the command line

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Sun Feb 4 11:36:19 MST 2001

Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Lynn Danielson wrote:
> > Kevin Cullis wrote:
> > > Make sure SO is closed and do this from the command line:
> > > soffice private:factory/scalc
> >
> > What's your point?  All this did for me was open StarCalc.
>
> That was my point: you can start SO from the command line AND be
> specific about what it is to open up. Now I'm gonna see if I can do it
> with opening a file from the command line.

Ok and yes you can open files directly from the command line this
way.  Typing in the private:factory/scalc argument seems like more
typing than it's worth just to open scalc within soffice on start up.

I might find it useful configured into a menu or a desktop shortcut.
Thanks for the tip.

> See ya at noon. ;-)

See you there.

Lynn