[CLUE-Tech] best way to copy hdd

Richard Knechtel krs3 at uswest.net
Fri Feb 9 07:36:15 MST 2001

I would recomend Norton Ghost as well. I use it to back up my hard
drives directly that way and it doesn't take that long. It is also a
GREAT recovery tool.  If you "mirror" your system to a seperate hard
drive and then your main hard drive takes a nose dive just reformat/put
in new drive and Ghost back over. I can't tell you how many times I have
done this at work when peoples old HDD's got that wonderful grinding
noise of a head crash! Just put ghost on a bootable dos floppy and your
on your way.  It isn't a free option but it is worth the money for that
Norton product, now the anti virus is another story! It trashed the disk
partitions on multiple hard drives here at work. To bad you can't sue
software companies - they have their butts covered to well.

HTH
Rich