[CLUE-Tech] best way to copy hdd

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Thu Feb 8 21:54:56 MST 2001

On Thu, 08 Feb 2001 21:11:00 Jeffery C. Cann wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I would like to copy one hard drive to another.  What is the best way to do
> this?

I used partimage to do this, but it's a partition to partition copy.
Partitions don't have to be the same size.  I use GNU parted to set the
partitions up and then partimage to move the filesystems.  All
floppy-based.

You can also look at Norton's Ghost 2000.  Run it from (DOS) floppy.
It's $$ but pretty slick and can clone a hard drive over a network.
That's my 0.02

Roger Frank