[CLUE-Tech] Netscape 6 on Maximum Linux Mag CD-ROM Not Working - RH6.2

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Sat Feb 10 11:58:36 MST 2001

Jim,

Instead of installing Netscape 6, just use Mozilla. The latest
version is 0.7 and works great. This version also supports
HTTPS protocols. Be sure to remove your .mozilla directory (if
you have one), before installing. If you had this directory
from the first preview version of Netscape 6, it definitely
will cause problems with the latest version.

You can install Mozilla either from the tarballs on the Mozilla
site or from RPM's on the Mozilla site.

Alternatively, you can also get RPM's from the Galeon web
browser site. Go visit:

	http://galeon.sourceforge.net

Galeon uses the Mozilla rendering engine. It might be interesting
to check out this browser. Unfortunately, no HTTPS support in
Galeon.

Alternatively, if you are using Gnome, do visit the Eazel site
at:

	http://services.eazel.com/download/download_rpm

You can download the mozilla RPM's there. This comes with
Nautilus. BTW: I have tried Nautilus preview 3. Looks good.
However, if you have installed Evolution, Nautilus will break
Evolution. If you have done this, there are lots of pieces to
uninstall to fix this problem.

Note that if you install Nautilus using the Eazel site, it
will automatically install Mozilla if you did not install
Mozilla from RPM's.

Match