[CLUE-Tech] rpm incremental upgrade?

Tim Russell tim.russell at ilg.com
Tue Feb 13 12:40:07 MST 2001

I ran into some of this too.  Apparently Red Hat upgraded RPM enough to make
a "line in the sand" between 6.2 and 7.0, so that anything that was created
on a RH 7.0 system won't play on a 6.2 system.

Now that the fixes are out for 7.0, I decided it might be stable enough to
upgrade - it's been working nicely so far.  The 2.4 kernel upgrade on 7.0
wasn't all that bad either, so I'd have to suggest that you move to 7.0 and
apply all the relevant errata RPM upgrades to make it reasonably stable.