[CLUE-Tech] Mozilla 0.7 Web Browser Problems/Fixes

Grant Johnson Grant.Johnson at MetroIS.com
Fri Feb 23 12:48:59 MST 2001

I have had truobles with some services not taking some browsers.  My band
refused to recognize my browser when NS 4.7 came out.  I had to go back to
4.5.  I also have had to complain several times when they say they support
NS 4.x when they do not.  It only works under winders, on under Linux, it
says unsupported browser.  I send them nasty grams saying that their
browser sniffer is roasted, and I am using NS 4.7, and they say they
support it, so, why does it say unsupported browser.  So far, they have
been responsive.  HOWEVER, do not expect the same of hotmail.  Try this
browser on some other secure sites.  If it works there, but not hotmail, it
is a browser sniff issue.  In that case, you know what this sniff smells
like, and it make never come to be.  Or, it may get even worse, and hotmail
may become a microshaft internet exploder only site.