[CLUE-Tech] gateway: networking question

jason at matchingmoms.com jason at matchingmoms.com
Sun Feb 25 09:14:19 MST 2001

The server is running Linux, the client Windows98.  The topology is:

Linux ------------ hub ------------- Windows98.

There's no external connection (yet).

Everyone seems to agree that no gateway is necessary.  Yet, my route command
shows that the gateway is "broken", and I believe that is causing some of my
network activity to timeout (such as a call to sendmail).  Can I delete the
gateway altogether, and if so, how?

Thanks,
Jason