[CLUE-Tech] gateway: networking question

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 20:46:58 MST 2001

This varies per distribution, and to be honest I only know how to do it
manually. ( I write my own init scripts for this stuff, not much help
to anyone else.
First, what is your network topology?

machine1 ------- Linux box ------ external connection (DSL/modem)

If that is it, then you will need to enable IP forwarding on the Linux
box.
If it's just   machine1 ------ linux box
you don't need a gateway (properly called default router)

Are both machines running Linux?

Brando