[CLUE-Tech] CVS for Windows

David Anselmi anselmi at intradenver.net
Sun Jul 1 22:53:21 MDT 2001

CVS does run on NT.  There is an :ntserver: access method (like pserver), but I
don't know much about using an NT cvs server from unix.

As far as merging Word files, cvs won't do that.  ClearCase will, but I'm sure
Kevin doesn't want to spend that kind of money.  (Actually, ClearCase uses Word
to do the merging, and you can use that by hand.  It works well enough, though
it is 2 way rather than 3.)

If you have to handle docs that are binary files, I suggest using locking (or
reserved checkouts) so that they can't be edited simultaneously.  I can give you
a pointer for cvs if you need it.

Dave