[CLUE-Tech] M$ the Monopolist

David Anselmi anselmi at intradenver.net
Sun Jul 1 23:03:18 MDT 2001

This is sadly funny.  M$ says they won, Justice Dept says they won.
Most quotes from 'technologists' I've heard say 'who cares' (i.e., the
outcome is the same in the long run).  Sigh.

I said in the beginning that when you go to court (especially over
something like this), the side with the most lawyers (read money) wins.
Anyone know the Justice Dept budget compared to M$ revenues?

Here's a related link http://www.scyld.com/expert/modules.html about M$
influence.  It has to do with the new BIOS option that says 'PnP OS?'
Scroll down to the heading 'The "D3-cold" problem'.

Dave