[CLUE-Tech] CLUE-TECH: Linux and Amiga File system

Richard Knechtel krs3 at qwest.net
Sun Jul 8 11:22:01 MDT 2001

At 11:06 PM 7/7/01 -0600, you wrote:
>No badness intended, but I've heard horror stories about the Computer Room
>from people in Denver.  You're better off hunting down Petro or one of his
>friends.  I asked him at an amiga con 2 years ago about a fix for my 040
>card to get a certain scsi/ram board working, and he gave me the address and
>email of a guy who would do the fix for me in Germany for free.  Petro was a
>great guy.  I was sorry to see him retire.  I believe he still goes to
>conventions though.
>
>I have a video tape of Petro's Roast at the last amiga con in st. louis,
>which I have yet to watch.  I will probably encode it at some point and put
>it up on the RMAU website.
>
>Getting back to the original topic though, do you have the amiga filesystem
>set up as a module or compiled into the kernel?  Just checking.  I am also
>posting this on the rmau site asking if anyone has gotten it to work.  Also,
>if you do, if you had used some non-standard amiga file system like SAFS (I
>don't remember the exact name), then you're probably out of luck unless you
>can track down the creators and create a filesystem module.

I have it compiled into the kernel.  I figured that was my best bet. I am
using the "stock" AFS that comes with linux. The bad thing is I am now
wishing I had not gotten rid of my ROM Kernel manuals. I have a feeling I
will have to hack the AFS myself.  Know anyone that till has the ROM Kernal
manuals????   I have lots of the Abicus books and tons others but I don't
think they will help....