[CLUE-Tech] URL for ioctl TIOS functions?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jul 31 14:46:46 MDT 2001

Greetings all.

After spending some time finding all manner of websites not having this
data ...

Does anyone know where the documentation is for the serial IO calls to
ioctl()? Specifically:

       0x00005415  TIOCMGET               int *
       0x00005416  TIOCMBIS               const int *
       0x00005417  TIOCMBIC               const int *
       0x00005418  TIOCMSET               const int *

(from "man ioctl_list")

Or, to put it another way, I'm trying to write a slightly more useful
modem-line toggling proggy (for playing with my UPS) than what I've seen
in the UPS-HOWTO. The only examples I've found are in the UPS-HOWTO, and
deal with only the CMSET/CMGET functions. Seems there ought to be a
CMCLR (clear signal) as well, eh -- maybe that's what CMBIC does. (I
never thought I'd need a break-out box again ;-)

Anyway, the Serial-Programming-HOWTO doesn't seem to cover this stuff,
nor any man pages I can find.

TIA
Regards,
jed
--
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a
 difference. Free Software developers don't have that problem."