[CLUE-Tech] URL for ioctl TIOS functions?

David Anselmi anselmi at intradenver.net
Tue Jul 31 20:51:20 MDT 2001

Well, I don't know squat about this.  So tell me whether I'm close or not...

I poked around in the kernel source - TIOCMBI[SC] seems to be for setting or
clearing bits in the modem control register (async_struct->MCR).  A look on
yahoo for 'modem control register' turns up some hits that are pretty greek
to me.  But this one looks promising:
http://www.beyondlogic.org/serial/serial.htm

Seems that TIOCM{GET,SET} either sets or gets the whole async_struct.  If
you've seen examples, you're way ahead of me.  async_struct is defined in a
file called linux/serialP.h.  Again, maybe the website helps.

Is that any use, or did you already know all of it?

Dave