[CLUE-Tech] FTPing many files

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 16:35:58 MDT 2001

another possibility is using rsync, that is how I keep my local files
and the files on the live website in sync.

Brandon
--- David Anselmi <anselmi at intradenver.net> wrote:

<HR>
You should definately be using CVS.&nbsp; You can keep track of your
changes
that way, to undo or redo them as needed, and also keep all developers
in sync.&nbsp; (CVS allows you to both edit the same file at the same
time
and will incorporate both sets of changes.&nbsp; It can also tell you
who
did what.)
the
CVS client and use your CVS tree as your doc tree (using update or
export).&nbsp;
You can arrange so that only tested changes (you define 'tested') show
up on the web site.&nbsp; You can also use a separate build process to
manipulate all the files in CVS into the structure your web server
wants
(this can be arbitrarily complex - I use it for code compilation and
database
data model changes).&nbsp; All depends how much control you want over
what
shows up on the 'production' system.&nbsp; My advice is to start simple
and grow as you need to.&nbsp; But the first step is to use CVS.
Development
with CVS</a> by Karl Fogel (the CVS chapters are free online; the OSD
chapters
you have to buy; read the free stuff before you buy)
the
whole shebang)
Cullis
wrote: