[CLUE-Tech] PERL Q

grant grant at amadensor.com
Fri Jun 1 16:49:27 MDT 2001

I want to something in PERL, that on the surface appears to be a really
bad idea, but, hey, it's my machine, so what if I slam the CPU into the
wall.

I want to spawn another process.  I want to start another PERL running,
before mine is finished.  I don't want to wait for it.  I don't care about
its output.  I just want to start it and go on.  The idea being that my
one process will spawn lots more, and each of those will spawn more, and
so on, until the machine is glowing from the cpu load.  I looked at
system() and it waits.  I looked at exec(), but it kills off my current
script, from what I can tell.  If there is not a nice way to do this, I
will let it single thread, but since I expect my network bandwidth to run
out before my CPU, I would like to hit as many remote sites as possible.

It should get utterly slammed, but that it the fastest way to do this.

BTW, this is for the LinuxLOC project.

                          Your mouse has moved.
       You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.

#!/usr/bin/perl
print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);