[CLUE-Tech] PERL Q

Geek Boi chutchin at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 3 23:27:52 MDT 2001

Linux does do threads.  Perl's threads on the other hand have always been hit
or miss from everything I have read.  Most writings on Perl threads have
started off with the standard use at your own risk disclaimer.  I would be
willing to bet it can be done with forking.  You chould be able to fork a
child process and keep it running even if the parent dies.  I'm almost
certain I have read of it somewhere but never needed it (aka filed it in the
cool now forget it section of my limited cranium.)