[CLUE-Tech] [Fwd: MySQL]

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 19 10:35:53 MDT 2001

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, grant wrote:

> > Don't know about MySQL, but Postgres has it ;)
> >
> Clarification:  Postgres comes with a TCL/Tk application that does
> this.  The actual postgres is just a backend.  It also comes with a CLI
> database tool similar to Oracle's (from what I have seen of it)

I reviewed the GreatBridge Postgres package, and the GUI they include
(I don't recall if it was Tcl/Tk) really impressed me. It was very easy
to use and it's totally free. The other benefit of GreatBridge is that
companies do have the option of buying support and consulting if they
want to. (The same is true of MySQL, of course)

Another package they may want to consider is NuSphere MySQL, they have
a subscription service that includes quarterly updates and new admin tools
every quarter... very nice package as well.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/